We are recruiting for a Case Handler based out of Wrexham or Cardiff.
To ensure that the highest level of case management and administrative support for all aspects of Help to Buy – Wales (“HTBW”) activity are carried out efficiently and professionally.
To provide specialist operational support in the delivery of HTBW’s on-going development and day-to-day functions.
Main duties and responsibilities
Working for the Pre Sales team within HTBW, you will be required to be an effective case handler and provide support including but not limited to:
- As a proactive member of the department, you will be expected to handle and manage a high volume of cases simultaneously to ensure all regulatory and internal SLA’s are met and customers are kept informed through various channels of communication.
- Be responsible for the case handling of highly detailed new and existing buyer applications from initial receipt of application through to the legal exchange and completion of the shared equity loan.
- Specifically provide a high level of customer service and support to buyers by building relationships with IFA’s and Conveyancers to ensure the buyer’s experience of purchasing their property is seamless.
- Be responsible for verifying required legal documentation to support the legal exchange and completion of the properties. To include – reviewing received mortgage offers to ensure the product offered fits within the scheme criteria for HTBW. Ensure received valuations reflect the property applied for and the correct terms are adhered to from the builders registered for the scheme.
- Undertake checks on applications accurately, with a keen eye for detail, in order to make an assessment and respond to clients formally, requesting further information if required.
- To understand and assess credit reports upon initial receipt and registration of applications and verify core documentation relating to employment/self-employment and pay slips.
- Adhere to all KPI/SLA response times when processing received legal conveyancer documentation for your cases, as stipulated and agreed with Welsh Government and as contained in the fund management agreement.
- Have awareness of GDPR regulation, observe and implement all guidelines and own any GDPR sensitive complaints to satisfactory resolution
- To be proactively accountable and manage current individual caseloads to ensure all required documentation is pursued in accordance with informed buyer completion dates.
- To proactively liaise with builders registered on the scheme to ensure that thorough record keeping is maintained for cases no longer participating, alongside amended forecast figures in accordance with building anticipation.
- To play a key role in reviewing and developing current processes.
- Ensuring required information fields are maintained and complete, whilst proactively utilising individual reports, to ensure all mandatory fields have been updated.
- Demonstrate full awareness and proactively monitor the current status of your live and pipeline cases via thorough report generation and update records accordingly to ensure accuracy levels are maintained on the client record management (CRM) system, reporting back to the fund manager with any issues.
- To provide an accurate, polite, enthusiastic and professional service to all external and internal stakeholders and to respond accordingly to all queries received via the website, email and telephone.
- Keep applicant status logs on the CRM system up to date so that cases can be picked up by colleagues if necessary.
- Any other task defined by the fund manager to meet the operational needs of the department
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- The ability to work well under pressure to meet targets and tight deadlines
- Experience of answering and dealing with telephone queries
- Excellent accuracy and high attention to detail
- To maintain a professional work ethic at all times
- You must be well organised and able to manage own workload effectively
- Previous administration experience – Essential
- Committed to taking a proactive approach in taking ownership of self-development
- Demonstrate a confident telephone manner and deliver excellent customer service
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Confident in own decision making skills
- Educated to a good standard of general education – GCSE, NVQ Level 2/3 or equivalent standard
- Experienced and skilled in standard IT/PC applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Welsh speaker
- Knowledge and understanding of the Help to Buy – Wales initiative
- Knowledge/experience of processing applications for mortgages and shared equity loans
- Previous experience within a case handling position
- Experience of analysing financial information to include payslips and end of year accounts.