We are recruiting a communications coordinator based out of Cardiff/Wrexham/Llanelli
The Development Bank of Wales is a unique resource for Wales and a unique place to work. We’re here to help to make Wales a better place to work, live and do business. An award winning investor in Welsh SMEs, our core focus is to deliver Welsh Government objectives to strengthen the Welsh economy and help businesses in Wales start-up, strengthen and grow.
To coordinate support for the marketing and communications teams and the delivery of operational marketing activities.
Support the delivery of the PR programme and marketing collateral and liaise with a range of suppliers regarding design, print, photography and translation and other content requirements.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support the production of a range of bilingual printed and digital collateral including brochures, reports, presentations, and business cards for corporate and business development requirements and liaise with a range of internal and external stakeholders and suppliers.
- Update and maintain a range of assets and collateral for print and online channels and ensure they are used in line with our brand guidelines.
- Support the the PR programme working with the Press Officer by coordinating media release distribution, working with a range of suppliers including photographers and translators.
- Manage elements of the department budget, liaise with suppliers, administer supplier accounts, and process payments.
- Monitor expenditure with a high level of administrative control and reporting.
- Manage a range of suppliers to provide engaging and compelling photography, coordinate briefs and a maintain a library of photographic imagery.
- Coordinate the new starter process liaising with internal teams and producing content for the website and social media channels, ensuring a smooth process throughout.
- Liaise with a range of design and print suppliers and other stakeholders to achieve deadlines and relevant quality standards
- Attend events and exhibitions across Wales in support of business development activities
- Develop strong working relationships to achieve marketing objectives
- Undertake any other task defined by the communications manager or design executive to meet the department’s operational needs
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Strong organisation and administrative skills and experience of working to deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge of office procedures and development of administrative systems,
- Innovative and motivated self-starter with a flexible approach to achieving high-quality outcomes
- Good team player who can undertake different roles when appropriate and has experience of building relationships with other teams
- Knowledge and experience of using different IT applications/packages, including CRM, CMS and MS Office and graphic packages Adobe Creative Suite.
- Knowledge of production processes for online/offline
- Experience and knowledge of maintaining budgetary controls
- Tenacity and personal drive to achieve objectives with high-quality outcomes
- Strong problem-solving, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrable experience of planning and co-ordinating projects
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven capability and demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Knowledge and experience of delivering integrated marketing campaigns
- A good understanding of Development Bank of Wales’ role in the Welsh economy, industry and commerce as well as SMEs’ investment needs
- Experience of working with/publishing bilingual marketing content, particularly using the Welsh language
- Recognised marketing qualification (preferably CIM diploma) or willing to study for a relevant marketing qualification
- Full driving licence