We are recruiting for a communications executive based out of Wrexham.
The Communications Executive will develop and deliver targeted communications to key audiences as the Marketing and Communications lead for FW Capital and Development Bank of Wales sub brands. The post holder will need to develop good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to develop comprehensive market knowledge and maximise opportunities to create and maintain awareness.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop and deliver an integrated marketing communications plan for the FW Capital brand and DBW sub brands across PR, marketing and online
- Co-ordinate members of the marketing team to deliver elements of the plan including social media, events and hospitality, website projects and updates and PR.
- Develop relationships with key media to secure and grow coverage
- Maintain positive working relationships with external stakeholders, in particular delivering on marketing and communication elements of fund management contracts
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to identify PR opportunities
- Manage third party suppliers
- Ensure relevant content on the fintranet and Group websites are accurate and kept up to date
- Monitor and analyse campaign performance to ensure targets are met
- Undertake any other task defined by the Communications Manager to meet the department’s operational needs.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Minimum of 5 years relevant marketing communications experience including drafting and reviewing PR, developing relationships with journalists, selling and managing freelancers/third party suppliers;
- Stakeholder management and influencing
- Experience of using different IT applications/packages, including MS Office applications, CRM, SharePoint and content management systems;
- Good knowledge and experience of delivering campaigns;
- Tenacity and personal drive to achieve objectives with high-quality outcomes;
- Innovative thinking self-starter who is self-motivated and has a flexible attitude to achieving high quality outcomes;
- Good team player who is able to assume different roles when appropriate and has experience of building cross-departmental teams/relationships.
- Excellent listening, written and verbal skills;
- Strong organisational/planning skills and attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to prioritise work under pressure.
- Experience of working with/publishing bilingual marketing content, particularly using the Welsh language;
- Proven capability and demonstrable experience in a similar role, preferably in the financial services sector;
- A good understanding of Development Bank of Wales/FW Capital’s role in the economy, industry and commerce as well as SMEs’ investment needs;
- Recognised marketing qualification (preferably CIM diploma) or willing to study for a relevant marketing qualification;
- Full driving licence.