We are recruiting for a forecast planning and analysis senior assistant on a fixed term contract for 12 months based out of Wrexham or Cardiff.
The purpose of the role is to assist in developing and improving Management Information and other relevant analyses, in addition to contributing to the delivery of the Finance Teams’ wider objectives.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support for FP&A change initiatives around growth and transformation of the business e.g. (Power BI reporting / New loan administration system etc.)
- Day-to-day BAU work especially during busy periods (Month end/Quarter end/Year end/Board Months etc.)
- Complete Welsh Government reports / external or internal management reporting
- Assist in the production of monthly board packs
- To assist in developing the company’s management information systems to meet future requirements, primarily through the use of Power BI
- To assist the team to maintain appropriate and effective financial controls and systems, especially when reporting out of Power BI and ensuring the reports are valid, accurate and complete
- Support for high volume/high profile/high risk work: e.g. Quarterly Reports, fund modelling, MI reporting, Release bank payments etc.
- Assist and provide cover for any other FP&A related work, as required
- To assist as may be required in the financial, accounting and other tasks which are allocated to the Finance Team.
- Any other task as may be defined by the Director of Finance and Administration to meet the operational needs of the department
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Experience in effective visualization techniques and tools – primarily PowerBI
- Recognised part/full UK accountancy qualification
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in a financial services environment
- Database, large data-manipulation, financial data modelling, reporting experience
- Advanced Excel Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- IT/PC literate with good ability to use Microsoft Office suite of products
- Use of financial modelling techniques
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with the use of Sage, Pancredit, CRM and/or other relevant reporting software.
- Welsh Government body reporting/Knowledge of public sector reporting
- Knowledge of the financial needs of SMEs
- Welsh speaker
- Able to demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving
- Excited to learn new reporting and data modelling skills