We are recruiting for an assistant fund manager based out of Wrexham.
Under the direction of the Fund Managers, responsible for coordinating the day to day administrative and processing activities within a new HTBW team based in Wrexham. To ensure quality customer service is consistently delivered through effective processing of shared equity loan applications from application through to various post application scenarios. Ensure that internal targets and those of the Welsh Government Housing and Regeneration Department are met.
The investment period for the Help to Buy – Wales fund is forecast to be fully allocated by 2021, when it is forecast that £454m will have been invested in 11,000 new build properties in Wales. This may be shortened or extended depending on deal flow.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Performance Manage day-to-day Help to Buy - Wales team activities and drive the Help to Buy – Wales administrators to deliver excellent service to all customers and stakeholders whilst hitting minimum performance targets sets out in the Fund Management arrangement for the Help to Buy – Wales scheme.
- Recruitment and Line Management responsibility for HTBW staff and to provide training and guidance where required
- Keep up to date with all regulatory requirements from the OFT and, from 1 April 2014, the FCA for the operation of the fund’s consumer credit license and ensure the team comply with the operating guidelines. Ensure compliance with customer due diligence and money laundering regulations and facilitate training as necessary.
- Take responsibility for the liaison with the Communications Team in the preparation of marketing materials, web content, sponsorship and hospitality activities.
- Ensure rigorous Data Protection and Information Security standards are maintained by the team at all times.
- Ensure any requested reports are delivered on time and communicate accurate information for internal and external customers.
- Ensure that the CRM (or subsequent IT system) is updated to allow the recording of relevant information for both buyers and builders in the Help to Buy – Wales scheme.
- Assist in arranging events promoting Help to Buy - Wales as needed.
- Engaging with external stakeholders to promote the Help to Buy - Wales initiative, in absence of Fund Manager
- Ensure proactive communication with all purchasers, solicitors, developers and Welsh Government.
- Manage & compile statistical reports as required by.the Fund Manager
- Co-ordinate for their Team to attend appropriate meetings, seminars and events in Cardiff and Wrexham offices
- Deputise for their Fund Managers in their absence
- Any other task defined by the Fund Managers to meet the operational needs of the department (this post will require occasional out of hours working).
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Experience of supervising day-to-day administration activities of a team.
- Experience of working in a customer service environment.
- Experience of working with mortgage products and related securities.
- Experience of Line Management in a performance management environment.
- A good understanding of the processes involved in home buying of affordable products.
- Ability to adhere to strict administrative procedures.
- Effective communicator maintaining a professional manner at all times.
- Self starter, able to take initiative and motivate others in a target driven environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Confident in own decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure.
- Educated to a good standard of general education - GSCE, NVQ level 2/3 or equivalent standard.
- Second charge mortgage experience.
- Regulatory experience.
- Welsh speaker.
- Driving Licence.
- IT literate to include the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dynamics and Sharepoint, CRM, Sage Winforecast.