We are recruiting for a fund team leader based out of Cardiff.
Under the direction of the fund managers, responsible for coordinating the day to day administrative and processing activities within the pre sales team. To ensure quality customer service is consistently delivered through effective processing of shared equity loan applications from application through to various post application scenarios. Ensure that internal targets and those of the Welsh Government Housing and Regeneration Department are met.
The investment period for the Help to Buy - Wales fund is forecast to be fully allocated by 2021, when it is forecast that £454m will have been invested in 11,000 new build properties in Wales. This may be shortened or extended depending on deal flow.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance and knowledge where required for HTBW staff
- Keep up to date with all regulatory requirements and ensure the team comply with the operating guidelines. Ensure compliance with customer due diligence and money laundering regulations and suggest training as necessary.
- Ensure rigorous data protection and information security standards are maintained by the team at all times.
- Ensure any requested operational or performance monitoring reports are delivered on time and communicate accurate information for internal and external customers.
- Ensure that the CRM (or subsequent IT system) is updated to allow the recording of relevant information for both buyers and builders in the Help to Buy – Wales scheme.
- First line daily operational responsibility to delegate and pro actively manage work loads of the HTBW team to ensure SLA requirements are met, including own caseload.
- To proactively report monitor team activities to provide recommendations on to the Assistant Fund Manager and Fund Manager
- To proactively build, supervise and motivate HTBW administrators, driving continuous improvement. To identify training and development requirements and act as a coach to ensure best practice
- Ensure proactive communication with all purchasers, conveyancers, developers and Welsh Government.
- Deputise for their Assistant Fund Manager and Fund Manager in their absence
- To take ownership of issues/escalations, make decisions and resolve issues. To escalate to the AFM or FM when the problem is outside of the role holders level of knowledge.
- Any other task defined by the fund manager to meet the operational needs of the department (this post will require occasional out of hours working).
- Be responsible for processing highly detailed application requests via email and post, following the initial query stages through to post completion events
- Adhering to all KPI/SLA response times when processing received legal conveyancer documentation, as stipulated and agreed with Welsh Government and as contained in the Fund Management agreement.
- To be proactively accountable and manage individual caseloads to ensure all required documentation is pursued in accordance with informed buyer completion dates.
- To proactively liaise with builders registered on the scheme to ensure that thorough record keeping is maintained for cases no longer participating, alongside amended forecast figures in accordance with building anticipation.
- Ensuring required information fields are maintained and complete, whilst proactively utilising individual reports, to ensure all mandatory fields have been updated.
- Proactively monitor pipeline applications via thorough report generation and update records accordingly to ensure accuracy levels are maintained on the Client Record Management (CRM) system, reporting back to the Fund Manager with any issues
- To understand and assess credit reports upon initial receipt and registration of applications and verify core documentation relating to employment/self-employment and pay slips.
- Undertake checks on applications accurately, with an eye for detail, in order to make an assessment and respond to clients formally, requesting further information if required.
- Undertake monitoring work on client portfolio as directed by the Fund Manager. This may include pursuing cancelled direct debits and arrears, sending out statements, sending out letters informing of changes to the direct debit, dealing with post sales events ie changes in ownership, remortgages and redemption.
- To seek and develop opportunities for change on current working practices.
- To undertake timely 121’s with all reports and carry out PMR’s as directed by the AFM and FM
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Experience of supervising day-to-day administration activities of a team, completing 121 reviews and performance management.
- Experience of working in a customer service environment.
- Experience of working with mortgage products or secured loans
- A good understanding of the processes involved in home buying of affordable products.
- A responsible attitude
- Complaints handling experience
- Ability to adhere to strict administrative procedures.
- Effective communicator manitaining a professional manner at all times
- Self starter, able to take initiative and motivate others in a target driven environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Confident in own decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure.
- Educated to a good standard of general education-GSCE, NVQ level 2/3 or equivalent standard
- Second charge mortgage experience.
- Regulatory experience.
- Welsh speaker.
- Driving Licence.
- IT literate to include the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Dynamics and SharePoint, CRM