We are recruiting for an ICT applications manager based out of Cardiff or Wrexham.
The role will be responsible for managing, monitoring and reporting on the delivery of the Development Bank’s suite of business applications.
Responsibilities will include developing effective working relationships with internal stakeholders, the ICT team and outsourced ICT service provider(s) to design, test and implement business applications to meet current and future business needs. Technical supplier management will be paramount, specifically in relation to the Microsoft SharePoint and Dynamics CRM applications.
A significant portion of the role will involve capturing business requirements and creating technical Statements of Work for implementation by third party solution provider(s) and subsequently managing the full lifecycle of service transition from user acceptance testing to steady state operation.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage the ongoing delivery of the Development Bank’s suite of business applications
- Report on application and supplier performance against a range of SLAs and KPIs
- Liaise between internal stakeholders, the ICT team and third party security solution providers to holistically design, plan and implement application related projects to the timescales and quality required
- Drive a culture of continuous service improvement for DBW applications
- Project manage the procurement and implementation of new applications
- Ensure appropriate testing, training and documentation is created/maintained for all applications in the ICT Service Portfolio
- Work closely with other members of the ICT team to exchange knowledge
- Coach, mentor and manage team members
- Any other task as may be defined by the Head of ICT to meet the operational needs of the department
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Applications including SharePoint and Dynamics CRM
- Demonstrable experience in a Project Management or Technical Management roles
- Accredited Project Management, Business Analysis and/or Technical qualification(s)
- Ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong supplier management skills and experience
- Strong verbal, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Strong written skills, including the ability to write technical documentation
- Self-starter who is able to work unsupervised
- Able to analyse situations or issues, capture current process states, identify future requirements and deliver practical, high quality solutions that meet the needs of stakeholders effectively
- Ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure and determination to complete tasks to a high standard with measureable success
- Solid understanding of business processes
- Have a flexible approach to working hours
- Degree level educated
- ITIL or similar ICT Service Management Qualification
- Experience of financial or professional services companies
- Experience of cloud technologies
- Experience of line management