We are recruiting for an investment performance accountant based out of Wrexham or Cardiff.
The purpose of the role is to assist in developing and improving Management Information and other relevant analyses, in addition to contributing to the delivery of the Finance Teams’ wider objectives.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To understand the various datasets held by the Company in respect of its investments and investee companies with particular reference to interpreting investment performance.
- To identify the corporate financial information requirement and to suggest how this can best be met.
- To work with the Sage 200 ledger, the Portfolio Management System and the CRM systems to optimise the information available and to input to the Company’s overall strategic data management.
- To be the business representative for the portfolio management system and to liaise with the ICT Service Team with regard to the management and development of Frameworks.
- To assist the budget and forecasting accountant in completing aspects of the quarterly financial reporting.
- To have a good understanding of the models and modelling techniques currently in use in the Company.
- To assist in the development of systems compliant with the requirement of the FCA or successor bodies.
- To assist in the provision of information to external stakeholders including the submission of electronic returns to WEFO as required.
- To assist as may be required in the financial, accounting and other tasks which are allocated to the Finance Team.
- Any other task as may be defined by the Director of Finance and Administration to meet the operational needs of the department
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- IT/PC literate with good ability to use Microsoft Office suite of products
- Use of financial modelling techniques
- Up to date knowledge of technical accounting issues.
- Good knowledge of industry and commerce,
- 5 years post qualification experience in a financial environment
- Experience gained in an FCA regulated environment
- Recognised UK accountancy qualification.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiar with the use of Sage, PMS and other relevant software.
- Knowledge of the financial needs of SMEs
- WinForecast or similar system
- Private Equity Experience
- Certified training in Sage or other similar accounting packages
- Welsh speaker