We are looking to appoint a passionate and entrepreneurial individual to join the board as a non-executive Director.
The Development Bank of Wales (DBW) works to unlock potential in the economy of Wales by increasing the provision of sustainable, effective finance in the market. DBW was set up by the Welsh Government to make it easier for businesses to get the finance needed to start up, strengthen and grow.
We can support Welsh businesses in the following ways:
- Loans from £1,000 - £5 million to start, strengthen or grow your business
- Equity investment from £50,000 to £5 million for established businesses
- Seed finance for pre-revenue tech start-ups
- Equity investment for early stage and mature technology-based businesses
- Finance up to £5 million to buy a business (business owners and management teams)
- Property development loans for projects in Wales
- Co-investment alongside banks, crowd funders, grants, investors and other lenders
DBW is proud of its role in attracting and developing the best possible human talent to deliver its objectives. We therefore wish to develop a programme to introduce successful entrepreneurs who share our passion for Wales and for making Welsh businesses successful, to the role of a non-executive Director of DBW, enhancing their knowledge and skill and providing the Board of DBW with a differentiated perspective and skill to inform the debate and strategy of the bank.
To that end DBW is looking to appoint an individual with the following skills, qualities and experience:
- Entrepreneurial experience. The DBW customer base is by its very nature highly entrepreneurial and is made up of individuals who have set up, grown or run a business in Wales. DBW seek to represent this demographic on the board. Candidates will demonstrate a prior track record of setting up and / or running their own business and / or experience of raising finance
- Welsh network. The DBW is committed to unlocking the potential in the economy of Wales. Candidates will need to be well-networked in Wales and have a strong understanding of the commercial environment, particularly for entrepreneurial and growing business sectors. A knowledge of the Welsh language would add further value.
- Digital awareness. The ideal candidate will be able to contribute to the Board by informing and advising the board on matters relating to the digital environment. For this reason a proven ability to relate commercially to a digitally-native demographic would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills
- Formal financial qualifications or experience in well-established businesses are not necessarily required
- Commitment to the 7 Nolan Principles of public life: selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership
Candidates wishing to apply should submit their CV and a statement of interest to email@example.com
The closing date for this remunerated position is 30th September 2019 and all applications will be acknowledged. Interviews will be held at the end of October.
For further information or a confidential conversation please call Catriona Smith on 02920 33814.