We are recruiting for a portfolio executive based out of Llanelli or Wrexham.
Overall management of the Development Bank of Wales’ portfolio investments made by the Micro Loan Fund Team. Through proactive monitoring of portfolio loan investments, seek to minimise the risk of financial loss and maximise the profit from DBW Group investments.
The post holder will need to build close working relationships internally and with external business introducers and service providers to increase their market knowledge and ability to provide added value to portfolio clients. A comprehensive understanding of the post holder’s portfolio will be maintained through routine monitoring and contact. Where investments have been identified as either being at risk or having significant growth potential make suitable cross references to the most appropriate portfolio team or external providers.
The post holder will hold well developed inter personal and problem solving ability. Strong banking technical skills, attention to detail and a proactive hands on approach are also essential prerequisites for this role.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Monitoring the Micro Loan Portfolio, liaising with customers on a daily basis.
- Contribute to the Portfolio Monitoring Team financial target, playing a key role in deal generation from the portfolio via various projects throughout the year.
- Identifying opportunities for follow on funding, carrying out financial analysis and making sound commercial decisions via detailed sanction reports for the line/fund manager.
- Taking responsibility of the portfolio ensuring that customer service standards are achieved whilst acting commercially supporting the customer through difficult situations ensuring timely feedback to appropriate parties.
- Be decisive in decision making, identifying early warning signs of customers in difficulty. Recommending the appropriate action such as capital holidays or risk team intervention.
- Liaise with external providers to arrange support for portfolio customers. Attend regular events/meetings to widen network of business contacts.
- Liaise with the teams within the wider organisation, dealing with legal/security aspects in relation to the portfolio.
- Monitoring and collation of KPI data for all portfolio companies.
- Developing internal systems to record and monitor information on including portfolio and WCVA customers.
- Ensure timely completion of regulatory requirements associated with CCA regulations are maintained at all times.
- Develop and enhance Development Banks’ reputation as a professional investment provider
- Work with Investment Executives in Micro Loan Team to share best practices and to aim to keep loan provisions within 10%
- Undertake other duties on an ad hoc basis when required by the company.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Self-motivated with the ability to take a proactive approach and work efficiently without supervision. Comfortable in dealing with time critical client sensitive work.
- Results focused.
- Strong team player
- The ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure and meet targets. Drive and determination to complete work in a qualitative manner.
- Good communication, influencing and interpersonal skills. Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to assess investment proposals and construct balanced investment proposals
- Experience of working in a relationship management role within a bank or similar financial environment and in particular experience of analysing financial information.
- IT/PC literate with ability to use Microsoft Office packages.
- Relevant professional qualification or relevant industry experience in banking or accountancy.
- Driving license.
- Welsh speaker
- An awareness of SME business issues in Wales
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Presentation skills