We are recruiting for a property development executive based out of Wales.
The property development executive is responsible for sourcing, appraising and delivering property development investments under the Development Bank of Wales’ property development funds. Investments will be made under commercial terms and in accordance with the investment criteria set by the Development Bank.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Source and appraise property development deal proposals.
- Manage property development deals from inception through to repayment.
- Deliver against investment and portfolio targets.
- Conduct thorough and robust management, financial and commercial due diligence when considering property development opportunities and assess the risks attendant to each investment.
- Negotiate deal structures effectively with both customers and their advisors; including security, pricing, covenants, warranties, conditions precedent, monitoring requirements and repayment obligations.
- Prepare summary papers and sanction reports & present proposals for sanction.
- Ensure completion of legal documentation and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain regular, proportionate contact with customer businesses to ensure both an up to date understanding of the relevant projects and foster productive relationships with management. Contact strategies to be tailored to the circumstances of the deal in question.
- Maximise the collation of accurate KPI data from portfolio businesses in a timely fashion.
- Be decisive in decision making, taking responsibility and being prepared to have potentially difficult conversations with clients.
- Contribute to the operation of development bank as a professional fund management company.
- Maintain and develop technical and industry specific knowledge to ensure best practice and compliance in investment activity.
- Disseminate examples of best practice for applying to the property development funds to key business introducers and ensure that the application process is continually refined and improved to provide the best possible client service.
- Develop and maintain links and networks with key business introducers and intermediaries to source suitable property development opportunities.
- Participate and represent development bank, where appropriate, at meetings, seminars, events and joint group activities.
- Operate under Investment operational guidelines.
- Contribute to marketing/promoting of the development banks.
- Undertake any other task as may be defined by the fund manager to meet the operational needs of the department.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Self-motivated with the ability to take a proactive approach and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of property development investing.
- Experience of credit report preparation.
- Understanding of risk assessment and investment processes & procedures.
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Confident in own decision-making skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience of analysing financial information, valuation reports and feasibility studies.
- IT literate to include the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Established network of introducers within the Welsh property sector.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of the public sector in SME finance.
- Understanding of the regional business environment.
- Welsh speaker.
- Driving license.