We are recruiting for a Self Build Executive based out of Llanelli. Salary starting from £29,462.
The Self Build Executive is responsible for appraising and delivering investments under The Development Bank of Wales’ (“DBW’s”) new Self Build Wales (SBW) scheme.
The post holder will need to build close working relationships internally and with service providers to increase their market knowledge and ability to provide added value to potential clients. A strong understanding of customer requirements and priorities will be key in ensuring excellent customer service and meeting DBW’s investment criteria.
The post holder will possess well developed interpersonal and problem solving abilities. Attention to detail and a proactive, hands on approach are also essential prerequisites for this role. An understanding of property finance is also preferable.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Be responsible for managing detailed application requests, from the initial enquiry stages through to completion of the build projects, working closely with clients and their builders to deliver projects successfully.
- Conduct thorough and robust management, financial and technical due diligence (training for which will be provided) when considering SBW opportunities.
- Undertake a case handling role, ensuring a continuous dialogue with applicants, stakeholders and colleagues regarding progress and activity.
- Negotiate terms and conditions on individual deals based on a case-by-case assessment of risk.
- Manage a portfolio of up to 25 live cases, undertaking monitoring and relationship management in line with procedures and as directed by the Operations Manager. This will include liaising with clients on a daily basis, undertaking regular progress visits on site, sending out statements, critically appraising expenditure submissions, dealing with remortgages and redemptions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with professional stakeholders, including lawyers, valuers, quantity surveyors, builders/tradespeople, housing associations, local authorities and mortgage companies.
- Provide an accurate, polite, enthusiastic and professional service to all external and internal stakeholders and respond accordingly to all queries received via the website, email and telephone.
- Be decisive in decision making, taking responsibility and be prepared to have potentially difficult conversations with clients.
- Prepare summary reports and sanction papers for presentation.
- Ensure completion of legal documentation and potential regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain technical and industry specific knowledge to ensure best practice and compliance in investment activity.
- Proactively monitor pipeline applications via thorough report generation. Update records accordingly to ensure accuracy levels are maintained on the client record management (CRM) system, reporting back to the Operations Manager with any issues.
- Maximise the collation of accurate KPI data from SBW clients in a timely fashion.
- Participate and represent DBW, where appropriate, at meetings, seminars, events and joint group activities.
- Operate under Investment Operational Guidelines.
- Contribute to the operation of DBW as a professional fund management company.
- Contribute to marketing and promoting DBW.
- Undertake any other task as may be defined by the Operations Manager to meet the operational needs of the Self Build Wales team.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Self-motivated with the ability to take a proactive approach and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Understanding of risk assessment and investment processes & procedures.
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Confident in own decision making capability.
- Ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure.
- Excellent accuracy and high attention to detail.
- IT/PC literate with ability to use Microsoft Office packages.
- Bank/funding experience.
- Experience of property development.
- Experience of analysing financial information, valuation reports and feasibility studies.
- Welsh speaker.
- Driving Licence.