We are recruiting for a strategy executive based out of Cardiff.
The Strategy team is responsible for the forward planning and strategy formulation for the Development Bank of Wales. Specifically, the team is responsible for developing the Annual and Corporate Plan and the Balanced Scorecard. The Strategy team leads on the development of new Funds including sourcing and proposing ideas for new products and services, working with internal stakeholders and consultants to establish the feasibility of Funds and operating models, and for preparing business cases. As an indication, the team is responsible for raising new Funds of ca. £80m per annum on a rolling average basis (equivalent to directly replacing the amount targeted to be invested in Wales on an annual basis by 2022). The team is also responsible for horizon scanning, external research, Fund reviews and evaluations as well as for managing the outputs of Economic Intelligence Wales. In addition, the Strategy team is responsible for the Project/ Programme Management Office, the interface with the Welsh European Funding Office, Welsh Government and a number of other stakeholder groups.
The Strategy Executive- Projects role will involve supporting the development, implementation and ongoing management of the DBW Project Office function ensuring consistency in approach and efficiency across Group wide project management. It will involve both advice and guidance on project standards to new projects as well as the provision of a project support function for larger projects. In addition the role will provide wider support to the Strategy team including early research and development of new product ideas leading through to project support for the operational roll out of new funds and services.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a suite of project documentation and project guidelines for use across DBW to ensure efficiency and consistency in internal project management delivery.
- Assist the Product and Planning Manager in the development of internal Project Standards for roll out across the organisation.
- Develop strong relationships across DBW Group departments to embed the culture of effective programme and project management within operations.
- Support the Strategy Team in identifying and developing new product and service ideas.
- Provide comprehensive research and development in support of new product and services development, including briefings on key findings.
- Support the Strategy team in the preparation of Five Case Business Models for new fund and service proposals.
- Project manage the implementation requirements of new funds or services working with teams across the organisation to ensure all set up and information needs are effectively managed.
- Assist in the development and completion of the Annual Business Plan
- Support the completion of the Balanced Scorecard reporting on a quarterly basis against business plan targets.
- Assist in preparation for Strategy events and presentations, for internal and external stakeholders
- Any other task as may be defined by Strategy Team to meet the operational needs of the department
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Minimum two years’ experience of project management or project support
- Ability to prioritise according to the changing needs of the business and work to deadlines
- IT literate to include the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong research skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good knowledge of industry and commerce, particularly relating to the financial needs of SME’s
- Strategic/business planning experience
- Strong research capabilities
- Ability to operate at a strategic level.
- Understanding of Development Bank Wales and its activities
- Excellent understanding of Welsh Government Economic policy
- Welsh speaker