We are recruiting for a front of house receptionist based out of Cardiff.
To provide a bilingual professional and efficient reception and switchboard service to the Development Bank of Wales and its visitors.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure guests and visitors to the Cardiff office are greeted in a professional manner offering a high degree of customer service to the front of house operation.
- Sign in visitors and contractors in line with health and safety and security requirements; liaise with building landlords where necessary to ensure smooth entrance to the Development Bank.
- Co-ordinate meeting room bookings using the room booking software and support the business in the use of the software.
- Preparing meetings rooms to include moving office equipment.
- Organise refreshments and book catering in line with requirements.
- Provide an efficient and customer focused switchboard and messaging service for the Development Bank.
- Ensure sufficient stocks are ordered and supplies and technical kit are checked on a regular basis.
- Ensure the general tidiness of the reception area, meeting rooms and kitchen.
- Provide technical support for telephone conferencing and AV equipment in the meeting rooms.
- Provide support in organising meetings and events for both Development Bank and its external contacts.
- Deal with incoming and outgoing post/deliveries and postal records.
- Co-ordinate the receipt and dispatch of courier services.
- Issue staff and visitor fobs in line with procedures, ensuring records are kept up to date.
- Provide regular feedback to the Central services manager regarding reception standards and issues.
- Provide general administraion support to the Central Services Manager and Central services team.
- Any other task as may be defined by the Central services manager to meet the operational needs of the department.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Good verbal and written skills in both Welsh and English
- Able to focus on customer needs and deliver to an exceptional standard
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to work as part of a small team but also on own initiative
- Able to prioritise and work under pressure
- Experience of dealing with people both in person and over the telephone
- At least one year’s experience of working in a busy reception area
- Experience of using simple databases or compiling data on excel spreadsheets
- GCSE/ NVQ level including English and Maths or equivalent qualification or relevant experience within a receptionist/office environment
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Awareness of the Development Bank.
- Experience of operating a switch board in a medium sized organisation.
- Trained in handling difficult customers/situations.
- Having a flexible approach to working hours.
- IT literate to include the use of Word, Excel, SharePoint.