We take your privacy very seriously and are committed to protecting your personal information. This means:
- We will only ask you to provide us with your personal information that helps us to help you.
- We will hold your personal information securely and responsibly. We use safeguards, including electronic encryption, to prevent unauthorised access to your personal information.
- We will not share your personal information outside the DBW Group unless we are legally entitled to do so. Wherever possible, we will ask your permission before sharing your information.
Why we collect and use your personal information
We may collect and use personal information about you for the following reasons:
- in connect with an application for one of our investment products;
- because you would like us to contact you in response to a specific query; or
- so that we can keep you informed about our investment products and services
Your data protection rights
The personal information you provide to us will be held in accordance with our responsibilities under the Data Protection Act 1998 and, from 25 May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation. These contain specific rights for you, including:
• the right to request access to personal information held about you (this is known as the right of subject access); • the right to have inaccurate personal information about you corrected and, in some circumstances, the right for that information to be erased; • the right to object to processing of your personal information in some circumstances (for instance if you think the information we hold about you is inaccurate, or if it is being used for direct marketing purposes); • the right to object to your personal information being used for any automated decision-making, including profiling; and • the right to complain to the regulator, the Information Commissioner's Office, if you are unhappy about how your personal information is being used. The ICO can be contacted at www.ico.org.uk.
If you would like to exercise any of the rights set out above, including requesting details of the personal information we hold about you, please e-mail us at email@example.com or write to us at:
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER Development Bank of Wales 1 Capital Quarter Tyndall Street Cardiff, CF10 4BZ
1. Using your personal information in connection with our investments
Why does DBW need to use my personal information?
If you apply to us for one of our investments, you will need to provide us with information about you. This is so we can decide whether you are eligible for the investment, and whether it is suitable for you.
What information do I need to provide to DBW?
The exact information that we require will be different in each case and will be set out on the application form itself. It is likely to include basic information about you, such as your name, address, previous addresses and date of birth, as well as information about your financial standing [and those of 'associated persons'].
What does DBW do with my information?
When you provide your information to us, we will use it in order to assess your application and to make a decision on whether or not to provide you with the relevant investment. This may include:
- Making searches about you at credit reference agencies. These agencies will provide us with credit information as well as information from the electoral register and will record details of any searches whether or not your application proceeds. You can find out more information about how your information is used by credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies by reading our guide.
A guide to your personal and business information.
- Credit searching, for debt tracing and the on-going management of any funding we may provide to you.
- Credit-scoring, to determine your suitability for the relevant product or service.
- Fraud detection and prevention. We may share your information with third parties, including fraud prevention agencies, for this purpose.
- Carrying out any of the above actions in respect of your business or any other applicants named on your application form.
Please refer to the specific application form for exact details of how we will use your personal information in relation to our investments.
How long does DBW retain my information?
If your application is successful, we will keep your personal information for at least the duration of your contract with us, and after that for a period of seven years. This is to ensure that we have a full record of the contract between us, if there should be any dispute about the contract.
If your application is unsuccessful, we will normally delete your information after 12 months.
What happens if I do not provide my information to DBW?
In order for us to consider your application, you must provide information about you to us. If you do not provide all of the details we request in the application form, we will be unable to assess your application and it may result in you not being able to access our investments.
2. Using your personal information to respond to your enquiry
If you contact us for more information about a particular investment product, or if you make a general enquiry, we will need to process your personal information in order to respond to you.
The ‘contact us’ page on our website sets out the information we will need about you in order to respond to your query.
If you do not provide sufficient information, we may not be able to respond accurately to your query.
3. Using your personal information to keep you informed of our products and services
If you would like to be kept informed of our range of investment products and services, we will use your personal information to send you direct marketing communications (such as emails or text messages). We will only do this if you have agreed to us using your personal information for this purpose.
We may collect your personal information for marketing purposes through the ‘email sign-up' page on this website, our application form, at events or meetings. We will always ask your permission to use your information for this purpose.
We may also collect your contact information from our third-party partners, such as the Institute of Directors, ICEAW and Business News Wales. We will use your information to send you marketing mail that we think you would be interested in receiving.
You have the right to opt out of receiving further communications at any time by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the 'unsubscribe' option in any of our marketing emails.
If you apply for one of our investments, we may ask you if you would like to be contacted by Business Wales, which offers a range of support and advice to Welsh businesses that may be of interest to you. If you agree to us doing so, we will pass your contact details on to Business Wales to allow them to contact you. Business Wales is managed by the Welsh Government.