Enjoy reduced lending costs on new housing schemes that deliver more thermally efficient and lower carbon homes in Wales
Working with our property team
of investment into greener housing
- Finance for up to 100% of building costs
- Interest allowed to roll-up throughout the loan term
- Quick decision making from a dedicated property team
- A single point of contact to help you navigate the entire process
Green Homes Incentive
The Development Bank of Wales is committed to sustainable business and the transition to net zero and wants to support developers making the change to greener development practices.
We're offering a reduction of up to 2% on residential development loan fees if all of the following green criteria is incorporated into new builds, or a smaller reduction when meeting one or more:
- EPC A Rating / Passivhaus status
- Non-concrete structures
- Non-fossil fuel heating system
Through the Wales Property Fund we can provide loans for residential and mixed-use developments in Wales.
- Loans up to 65% of Gross Development Value (GDV), including up to 100% of build costs
- Loan sizes from £150,000 to £6 million
- Loan terms of up to two years
- Up to 2% green incentive reduction in fees (residential developments only)
Through the Stalled Sites Fund we can provide loans for residential developments in Wales that are unable to be progressed with traditional development funding.
- Loans up to 75% of Gross Development Value (GDV), including up to 100% of build costs.
- Loan sizes from £150,000 to £6 million.
- Loan terms of up to four years.
We only support projects based in Wales. To apply for a loan, you’ll need:
- Copy of the planning permission confirming approval for what you’re planning to develop
- Summary of your development plans and projected costs
- Breakdown of the expected Gross Development Value (i.e. the end values once completed)
- Summary of previous development experience for you and the key individuals involved