We are recruiting for Press officer based out of Wrexham or Cardiff. Salary ranging from £30,000- £35,000 depending on experience.
To promote the Development Bank of Wales and increase media and stakeholder engagement and achieve targeted coverage across local, regional, national and sector specific media. To identify and develop stories, using your copywriting and storytelling skills to write engaging content for a range of outputs on digital and print channels (earned and owned) supporting our strategic and operational communication plans.
To develop influential relationships, both internally and externally, and engage with key stakeholders and media contacts to increase their understanding of the Development Bank and coverage of our published content.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
You will deliver strategic and operational media activities, researching and developing interesting angles for stories that increase the profile and improve awareness of the Development Bank. Working collaboratively with colleagues and partners you will draft a range of content including media releases, features, statements, thought leadership, case studies and advertorial content to communicate key messages.
- Research, develop and write a range of content to deliver targeted communications of our key messages, through media releases, features, statements, thought leadership, case studies, , and other topical content in line with the Group’s communication plan
- Develop proactive working relationships with the media across Wales to actively seek editorial opportunities to sell-in stories and secure interviews for key spokespersons; increasing engagement with key outlets
- Manage and respond to media enquiries promptly and undertake defensive media relations and journalist’s expectations
- Manage the group messaging matrix and ensure that coherent brand messaging is delivered and tone of voice across all communications
- Develop relationships with colleagues and stakeholders to collaborate on devising content
- Monitor and report on our media coverage, measure and analyse the effectiveness of media relations activities
- Manage contracts with media distribution and media monitoring providers
- Develop and manage agency and other third-party supplier relationships
- Deputise for and undertake any other task defined by the Communications Manager to meet the department’s operational needs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Substantial media relations experience gained working as a journalist or as a press/ communications officer
- A good understanding of the media and political landscape within Wales and financial/ business services
- Knowledge and experience of delivering integrated marketing campaigns for B2B audiences
- Superb copywriting skills
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication skills
- A high-level of accuracy and attention to detail with a real sense of urgency
- Understanding of appropriate legal and regulatory frameworks
- Experience of using reporting tools to measure campaign and PR effectiveness
- Demonstrable experience of planning and co-ordinating projects
- A real teammate who motivates, engages and supports others with strong problem-solving, influencing and negotiation skills
- A methodical and organised approach to managing a varied workload
- Experience of using different IT /MS office applications/packages, CRM, and content management systems
- Fluent Welsh speaker
- A good understanding of the Development Bank of Wales’ role in the Welsh economy, the Welsh economy, industry and commerce as well as SMEs’ investment needs
- Experience of developing bilingual marketing content, particularly using the Welsh language
- Experience of policy and strategic communications gained in a government or similar organisation
- Recognised marketing or communications qualification (preferably CIM/CIPR diploma), equivalent experience orwilling to study for a relevant marketing qualification
- Full driving licence