We are recruiting a Leaseholder Support Scheme Manager, on a 12-month fixed term contract, based out of Cardiff or Wrexham.
To manage all aspects of the Leaseholder Support (“LS”) Scheme. The LS Manager (“LSM”) will primarily be responsible for the ongoing implementation of the new LS scheme which is due to launch at the end June 2022 and managing all aspects of ongoing operational delivery of LS. Further details are as follows:
- Implementation of the new scheme will involve supporting the Property Services Manager (“PSM”) in developing all systems, processes & procedures for the new scheme.
- Coordinating and building strong relationships with key stakeholders (including Welsh Government, Leaseholders and Registered Social Landlords (“RSL”), IFA’s, Lawyers, Valuers and Quantity Surveyors. Also developing an appropriate recruitment & staffing strategy to meet the needs of the scheme, in readiness for launch.
- Management of ongoing operational delivery will involve establishing the systems, processes & procedures across the new LS team, ensuring these are regularly reviewed for robustness and efficiency; ensuring that all LS fund targets are met and reported on accurately; and line managing Leaseholder Support Executives (“LSE”).
- A strong understanding of customer requirements and eligibility will be key in ensuring excellent customer service and meeting DBW’s investment criteria. The post holder will possess well-developed leadership, interpersonal and problem-solving abilities. Attention to detail and a proactive, hands-on approach are also essential prerequisites for this role. An understanding of cladding/EWS1’s and consumer regulatory requirements is also preferable.
The Leaseholder Support Scheme is aimed at those facing significant financial hardship due to fire safety issues in the buildings in which they live. The scheme will support leaseholders to understand the best options for their individual financial circumstances with the opportunity for a potential home buy-out option if that is the most appropriate course of action.
It will be focused on those who are experiencing difficulty through increased service charges due to insurance and fire safety risk measures, declined market value and the absence of an External Wall System 1 certificate and cannot sell their property (if remediation works are underway on the building, then the leaseholder would not be eligible for this scheme).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Lead on the development of the new LS Scheme and operating model, assisting with design and implementation of an application assessment process and through to case completion and any post completion activity.
- First line daily operational responsibility to delegate and manage workload to ensure SLAs and KPIs are met.
- Ensure LSEs conduct thorough and robust due diligence (training for which will be provided) when progressing LSS applications and undertake the required eligibility and affordability as per WG criteria.
- Provide support to LSEs on all aspects of the process, driving continuous improvement. To identify training and development requirements and act as a coach to ensure best practice.
- Actively manage individual and team performance and competence including conducting one to ones, performance feedback, conducting performance reviews, absence management, peer checks and managing resource requirements.
- To act as a point of escalation for your team. To be able to handle a range of different situations and react accordingly with tact diplomacy and empathy to diffuse potentially tense confrontations in a positive and calm manner.
- Approval of loan sanction papers, reviewing CDD and ensuring scheme criteria has been met before LSE issues loan offer to RSL.
- Approval of RSL drawdown notice and legal undertaking.
- Be point of approval for ROT & First Charge documents submitted by LSEs for review.
- Develop and maintain relationships with professional stakeholders, including IFAs, Lawyers, Valuers, RSLs and Quantity Surveyors.
- Oversee Post Completion process completion– issue of completion notices to RSL, and that all fees have been settled for valuation, IFA, and legal costs by LSE. Check HMLR title documents to ensure security has been properly registered.
- Keep up to date with all regulatory requirements and ensure the team comply with the operating guidelines. Ensure compliance with customer due diligence and anti-money laundering regulations and suggest training as necessary.
- Ensure rigorous GDPR and information security standards are always maintained by the team.
- Develop and maintain technical and industry specific knowledge to ensure best practice and compliance in investment activity.
- Work with PS BA to produce required MI dashboards to monitor scheme and LSE performance.
- Undertake any other task as may be defined by the PSM to meet the operational needs of the LS Scheme.
- Based on scheme demand, the successful applicant may be required to blend workload with Help to Buy Wales.
- Any other task as may be defined by the Property Services Director to meet the operational needs.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Self-motivated with the ability to take a proactive approach and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Experience of line management
- Experience of working on a Service Fund and an ability to work through related transactions & technical challenges with minimal assistance or supervision
- Experience of report preparation and presentation to a high standard
- Understanding of risk assessment and service fund processes and procedures
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills
- Confident in own decision-making skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise work under pressure
- Banking/regulatory experience
- Experience of first charge lending/mortgages
- Welsh speaker
- Driving licence