A top 5 UK equity investor*, we can provide equity up to £5 million to businesses based in Wales or planning to move here.
What sets us apart
Equity investor in the UK
- Equity investment up to £5 million
- Flexible funding structure suitable for your growth plans
- Dedicated local portfolio team with experience of growing and exiting businesses
- Value-add investor with a strong network of non-executive directors and advisers
- Established network of co-investors and other funders
What do we mean by equity?
Equity finance is a way of raising capital by selling shares in your business. Unlike loans, you don't have to worry about making repayments, so all the finance you raise can be put towards achieving your growth plans.
For a more detailed explanation of equity, please read our blog post, What is equity finance and how does it work?
Why should your business consider equity?
- Allows you to quickly take advantage of opportunities which you might otherwise miss by self-funding your business
- Can be an effective way of enabling faster growth and long-term value creation
- Carries no repayment obligation
- Investors will bring added value in the form of expertise, knowledge and contacts
Finding the right investors
With years of experience and a track record of delivery, we back companies in all sectors and at all stages of development. We're a funding partner who can provide follow-on investment as your business grows, and will work with you to help your company succeed.
We can combine equity and loans to deliver a bespoke funding package for your business. We also co-invest and work closely with a range of intermediaries including banks, other funders, and company advisers, to ensure that you get the complete funding you need.
Ready for equity?
We invest in businesses with the potential to grow, who can demonstrate the following:
- Ambitious management teams
- Operating in a growing market
- Have a competitive advantage
- Have a strong business plan and clear business model
We'll need to see:
- Business plan summary (growth and exit strategy)
- Historic accounts (up to two years if available)
- Monthly Integrated Forecast (three years inc. profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheet)
- Up-to-date management information
What if I don't have all of these right now?
Not to worry. You can either start your application and save your progress for later, or submit and send us the supporting documents when you're ready.
Once we have everything we need, we'll make a decision as quickly as possible. You can find out more on our process and timescales page.
We provide equity for businesses at all stages of growth - so whether you're a start-up, early stage or established company, we can support you with the funding your business needs.
For pre-revenue tech start-ups based in Wales, we have specific funds and a dedicated Technology Venture Investments (TVI) team.
Related equity content
Pinpoint secures new investment to develop ImpactAir Range
Don’t ‘sweat’ the equity – avoiding costly mistakes for start-ups
How to finance your management buyout