We are recruiting for a HR assistant based out of Wrexham.
To provide a professional and efficient HR service to the Development Bank of Wales Group based in North Wales and England. Provide confidential, accurate helpful and timely responses regarding HR issues such as absence management, recruitment, performance management, investigations and disciplinaries. Refer to HR policies and procedures as well as best practice. Work closely with the HR Assistant based in Cardiff to ensure smooth running of the department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide practical guidance and support relating to HR issues to managers and employees based in North Wales and England.
- Ensure consistency in application of the Development Bank of Wales’ policies and procedures across the group.
- Provide accurate HR reports on absence, new starters, leavers and management reports, investigating trends to support the company and creating ad hoc reports as required.
- Review, develop and implement HR policies within the Development Bank, researching best practices to ensure compliance with legislation
- Ensure absence procedure is followed within the company - creating reports, conducting minuted conversations, liaising with occupational health and maintain the relationship with the EAP providers.
- Assist managers in drafting of role profiles to ensure compliance with the Korn Ferry evaluation system
- Be responsible for all HR administration for the North Wales and England teams, ensuring accurate employee records and filing systems.
- Lead on the recruitment process in North Wales and England in a legally compliant way, help prepare adverts, check application forms, communicate with candidates, assist line managers in shortlisting, interviewing and selecting candidates, ensuring adherence to the recruitment policy
- Plan and implement the induction programme for new starters in North Wales and England, liaising with line managers and relevant employees
- Co-ordinate investigations and disciplinary hearings, ensuring a fair and consistent approach.
- Provide monthly payroll updates to the HR Assistant based in Cardiff regarding new starters, leavers, change of hours etc.
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the DBW Group
- Any other task as may be defined by the HR Manager to meet the operational needs of the organisation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Experience:
- Possess an understanding of HR policies and procedures. Ensuring knowledge of best practise
- Ability to analyse HR issues and evaluate solutions and likely consequences
- CIPD level 5 qualification
- Ability to communicate and deal effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of people at all levels
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Good problem solving and prioritising skills
- High level of organisational, administration and time management skills
- Strong ‘customer’ focus
- Attention to detail and a methodical approach
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- IT literate to include the use of Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Familiar with HR systems
- Welsh speaker
- An awareness of the Welsh and English SME market
To apply for this role, please send your application form to: email@example.com
Closing date 28th August